Monday, January 17, 2011

Pocket Watch Pendant Won!

So if you didn't know already, we had entered one of our vintage pocket watch pendants into the Vintaj 
Design Challenge.  And they announced the winner today...and I won!!

yay!


Congratulations to Dionne Turrise of Auviana, the winners of our Design Challenge! Our bloggers voted and this pocket-watch collage necklace was their favorite! Dionne will receive her choice of 2 FREE sampler packs!
Here is the inspiration for her piece:
” I love everything vintage. I especially love pocket watches. I think that these amazing pieces need “new beginnings”. Some of the most beautiful pieces are hidden within the clock. I love the idea of these non-working pieces who were thrown away, are now beautiful pendants and are worn today! So I took apart this vintage pocket watch, filled it with ice resin and used several layers to float the gears of the watch. I’ve added a Vintaj clock hand, a Swarovki crystal and a small Vintaj washer at the end for a little extra.”


At the end of the year they take all the winners of every months challenge and then enter us in last challenge.  So come december this beautiful pocket watch pendant will be in another contest.

The funny thing is that this necklace sold same day as the contest came out.  It found a new home with a friend of mine who has been a huge inspiration to me....and that makes me happy!  I hope she loves it as much as i loved making it :D



I only have one more pocket watch pendant available in our etsy shop
http://www.etsy.com/listing/65376962/vintage-pocket-watch-bird-nest-and
If you don't remember...i won a contest with this pendant as well :)
I recently just purchased a bunch of vintage pocket watches so I will a bunch of new designs coming up.

Thanks for reading....

Love!


No comments:

Post a Comment